Make 2019 The Year You Help 89 People





One month left on this project!! 

January I wanted to give $20 to each family and we raised enough to give $50.  For February donations increased enough to give $60 to each family.  For March, my new goal is $75 per family!  We only need $380 more to reach this goal!! 

We have donated over $11,000 to these families.  Thank you for helping us make this possible!  

Want to send a one time donation:
Venmo: @JENNYJ29 (Picture is of me and my dog, Chaco)
Paypal: shennyandjane@gmail.com

Keep reading below to find out about our project.  

HERE IS THE SURVEY TO SIGN UP TO HELP in February and/or March:
https://goo.gl/forms/j3idgCPUTEmDbYaN2

Shane and I know and work with each of these families. 5 of them are co-workers, all 19 families homeschool with us through Inspire, 8 of them lost jobs along with their homes, there are 52 children!!!  We see them, we hug them, we laugh with them and cry with them. I want to support them as long as they need, but I also want to take it one step at a time so 3 months gets us to Spring.  Then we will re-evaluate.

I know this is the season of giving and maybe you are all "gived" out, but I want to remind you that there are THOUSANDS of families could use your "giving spirit" long after the Christmas tree is thrown away, long after the presents are no longer being played with and long after your life has gone back to "normal".  I refuse to forget about the families who have had their entire communities burned to the ground.   However, there is just no way for Shane and I to help every single person affected by this horrific fire, so we want to do what we can to help the 89 beautiful people we are closest to.  We can only do so much alone.  So, as you are out buying the last of your gifts or treating yourself to a $5 starbucks latte, please consider helping Shane and I to help these 19 families.

Our goal is to give each family $50 a month - $950 each month.  This is hardly anything, but it might allow a family to go see a movie, or go out for dessert or buy a birthday present.  This is not fundraising to buy a family a house or a car, it is fundraising to get a little bit of "normal" back into their lives until they feel stable again. Shane and I will give $400, which leaves $550 we need to raise from family and friends - our family and friends, people who know these 19 families, ANYONE who wants to help. I want to start with just a 3 month commitment, as I dont want to scare people away with a long term commitment, but 3 months seems doable.  

Of course, if there are enough people and enough donations to reach $100 or MORE a family that would be AMAZING and that is my heart's goal, but again - baby steps - We are really just looking for another $550.  All this takes is 11 people to commit $50 a month!!!    

Want to help?  

 Keep reading

Cant help?

....keep reading and you might change your mind.  

( the math is simple....100 people giving just $1 a month gets us $100 - 50 people giving $5 a month gets us $250....it all adds up, one penny at a time!! )

Why are we doing this?  Because we can, because we care, because we know there are others who want to help also, but don't know how.  

If you are committed without hesitation then here is the plan.

1. You will fill out this survey - DONATE 2019
2.  I will email you the 1st of the month (starting in January) reminding you to send me your donation.
3.  The 15th of the month I will venmo or paypal each of the families WHATEVER amount we have raised divided by 19.  Maybe it will be $21 a month or maybe it will be $500....that will depend on how much support we get.
4. Repeat 2 more times.



If you are not sure because 1 - you have no idea who I am and think I might just run off with your donation and spend it on myself or 2 - you just want to donate one time, or 3 - cant afford to donate then keep reading.

If your issue is in trusting me, there is nothing I can do about that except to say that I am that person who goes back into the store to pay for something when I realize they didn't charge me for the 5 items in the bottom of my cart....I am that person who gives all of my money away because I don't need "things" and it makes me happy to give to others....I am that person who doesn't take the discount offered because someone else needs it more than I do. I would never EVER run off with even one cent that did not belong to me.  But, if you are still skeptical about sending me your donation then don't.  I would never force trust on anyone.

If you want to just send me a one time donation - GREAT!!!  Venmo @JENNYJ29 or Paypal - shennyandjane@gmail.com

If your issue is that you cant afford it then I have the following to offer:

Nothing creates fear in people like money.  Once upon a time, in my life, I feared money also.  We had lived on one income for our entire relationship.  We knew what it was like to count pennies, to not have enough money to buy gas to get to the end of the month....to eat the same dinner every night because there was no money to "splurge".  I sold my PLASMA in college to get gas money...did you even know that was a thing?  Well, I did!!  

If Shane went to the store and spent $20 that I hadn't budgeted, I would have to pull the money out from somewhere else.  We had NO EXTRA MONEY - NONE.  Even when Shane was teaching and we had small babies, we still got by on a VERY tight budget.  We lived for years this way, until 2016.  

I started the Course in Miracles - Abundance class with Robin Duncan.  She says that even if all you can give is $1, then give it.  You will get it back and more, when you dont cling so tightly to it.  I started to send $10 a month to random friends.  I noticed that we didnt miss it...so I went to $20 a month, then $50....pretty soon I was up to $200 a month that I was giving away when I had BARELY been able to find $20 for Shane to go to the store a few months prior.  The kicker is that we did get it back -TENFOLD - when I got my job with Inspire.  Not only do I have a job that I love more than I can express, but I get to still homeschool my children, be with my family all day and have even more money to gift to others.  Dreams come true!

One thing that I love about giving is that I NEVER, EVER regret it.  I NEVER miss the money and it
has NEVER made me poor to give.  In June 2017, we helped a friend go on a trip that cost $3000.  She was supposed to pay us back.  However, it became a very large burden for her, causing her stress and unreasonable grief.  Shane and I realized after 6 months that we really didn't need the money back, so we wrote her a very nice card stating that the money was a gift, given freely and with love.  Not 2 months went by and I received a promotion with a 35% raise and Shane got a 20% raise.  When you give freely and with nothing expected in return, you will receive.  And what I love about that is that we then have even MORE to gift to others.

I do not donate to big charities, I do not care that I cannot deduct my donations on my taxes.  What I care about is bringing a teeny tiny bit of peace and hope and love directly into the lives of people that I care about.  My hope is that it ripples out.  These friends then give to their friends, then they give and they give, etc... and etc....and 

so again....

If you are committed without hesitation then here is the plan.
1. You will fill out this survey - DONATE 2019
2.  I will email you the 1st of the month (starting in January) reminding you to send me your donation.
3.  The 15th of the month I will Venmo or Paypal each of the families WHATEVER amount we have raised divided by 19.  Maybe it will be $21 a month or maybe it will be $500....that will depend on how much support we get.
4. Repeat 2 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment