RESULTS 6 MONTHS LATER AND A NEW LIFE


Here is a summary of the changes in the last six months with a list of the results from her dyslexia screening on Friday:

SUMMARY

What is life like now that we do not do Vision Therapy for 90 minutes a day?  I cannot even describe the happiness.  I am trying to type this post without crying but I just cant.  Alli and I both have a new life.  Actually, Jillbug too. 

For me, I had worked so hard day and night organizing the activities, keeping everything straight, motivating Alli to keep working hard.....I never had a moment without some sort of weight on my shoulders.  

If we wanted to spend the day somewhere we had to get everything done BEFORE we could go.  If I needed a break and wanted to spend the day out doing things for myself, we had to get everything done BEFORE I could go, so I actually never took a day to myself.  All day, every day there was always something that needed done.  Even our summer trips, Lake Siskiyou for 4 days Lakes Basin for 10 days and Torrance for 5 days, our Vision Therapy was always in the back of my mind and needing to be done.  

 It was worth it, BELIEVE ME, it was worth it.  But now that it is over, I actually can feel the burden I was under.  Friday, our last day, was the best day of my entire life as a mother.  It is like a second chance at life for her as a new person who can see the world in a way she NEVER would have, had it not been for all her hard work.  I feel so proud to have played such a big roll in changing the direction of her life forever.

Most exciting to me is that now, the girls for the first time EVER, were able to do an activity besides music.   Now that learning to read is not such an huge part of my life as their mom and teacher (Jill can already read those first 5 stories of that first book Alli read)
I let them pick one activity to do besides music. Guess what, they BOTH wanted gymnastics and they BOTH wanted to take the class together - these girls are inseparable!!  Friday was their first class. They LOVED it and want to go everyday.  So starts the new chapter in our lives.....


No comments:

Post a Comment